Skip Navigation Links
Legislative Reports
How to Advocate

 How to Advocate 



1.      Meet with your legislator.

          A.      What if I do not know who my legislator is?
Go to:

         Once you find your legislator, then click on the legislator’s name and you will be taken to a screen that includes both the 
         District and the State offices for the legislator. When you contact the legislator’s office, the staff will let you know when
         the legislator will be in each office and you can schedule a meeting with the legislator.  Legislators love to meet their
         constituents.  You can offer to help the legislator with any mental health issues.

          B.      To find the full text of bills, as well as to find the Current Status of bills, go to:

2.      Send a Letter to your legislator.           

3.      Stay Current on Mental Health Issues by visiting the State of Kansas Division of Mental Health Web site.  Just click here.

4.      Contact the KPS office (785-233-7154) if you have questions or concerns about Mental Health Issues and current legislation.           

Home  |  Site Map  |  © 2017 American Psychiatric Association. All Right Reserved.